What You Will Learn
HypnoBirthing is a complete birth education programme, that teaches simple but specific self hypnosis, relaxation and breathing techniques for a better birth. Most importantly you and your partner will learn how to put yourself back in control of your birth
Hypnobirthing teaches you to release all prior programming about birth, how to trust your body and work with it, as well as how to free yourself of harmful emotions that lead to fear and tense muscles.
The HypnoBirthing course is taught over a total of 12+ hours. This is usually 4 x 3 hour weekly classes over 4 weeks or 2 full days over 2 Saturdays. In the relaxed and supportive class environment you will learn:
- Everything you need to know to achieve a safer, easier and more comfortable birth
- Techniques of deep relaxation to help you eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome
- How your body is naturally designed to birth your baby
- How to draw on your body’s own natural anaesthesia with a very effective massage technique
- Breathing techniques that actually help you birth (and it’s not the panting that most people think they have to do, which can cause you to hyperventilate)
- Techniques to reduce the need for medication
- How to be confident and informed when dealing with the medical staff – when to question, what to ask…and when/if it’s time to let them take charge
- How to release any fears you might have about childbirth
- What to do if you go beyond your “estimated due date”
You will be fascinated as you view footage of our Hypnobirthing labouring mothers, relaxed and in good humour as they experience the kind of gentle birth that is possible with your hypnobirthing techniques.
Most importantly, you’ll know how to relax and stay calm and in control – regardless of what’s happening around you and whatever turn your birthing takes.
Our Hypnobirthing course is designed as a structured but informal class format that teaches about the physical and emotional aspects of birth. You’ll learn why your body does what it does, as well as how.
Plus you’ll receive a professionally produced workbook, affirmations and relaxation MP3s and email and phone support up to your birthing day.